Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Which MBA?

With the MBA tour just round the corner, and deadlines fast approaching, i have really got to get a handle on things. I have to make the most of the MBA tour and use the event to learn more about the schools that i've shortlisted, and hopefully end up with an even shorter list :P

My 3 primary criteria for the MBA program:

1) Class Profile: Diverse and rich with experience
2) Professors: An eccentric and approachable assortment who make it all worth it
3) International Recognition: I don't want to be in a sitation where, when asked which school i got my MBA from, I have to repeat the name of my school, explain where it is located and why I chose it and ....

"I did my MBA from XYZ school" should be able to elicit any of the following responses:
  • XYZ Schoool!!
  • Wow!
  • Awesome!
  • I actually know a few alumni from XYZ"
  • I actually applied to XYZ, but didn't get admitted
  • My son wants to go there too
.. you get the jist...

With that in mind, here's the list of schools that i intend to meet up @ The MBA Tour in Bangalore:
  • Cornell University
  • EBS Business School
  • ESMT European School of Management and Technology
  • Georgetown University
  • HEC Paris
  • IE Business School
  • Indiana University
  • London Business School
  • McGill University
  • New York University
  • Queen's University
  • Rice University
  • University of California Los Angeles
  • University of North Carolina
  • York University - Schulich School of Business
Schulich also has this India MBA program, which they will be showcasing from 1-3 PM on the day of the event. I am kinda intriguiged by this new program, so I will definitely attend the presentation.. hopefully they'll be bringing along a couple of current students.

A couple of people have come up to me and asked me to share my opinion on Hult Business School, which has been on a marketing rampage over the last 15 months... my opinion? Let me put it this way... I just received an email from Hult ... deleted it without opening.

Over & Out!

1 comment:

  1. There are even the better provisions of interest mentioned here which will give students every possible fact towards which they must need to look for.

    ReplyDelete